Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Walking & Hiking?

I'm late to the blog and catching up on reading intro posts now, but I've already noticed a few of us like going on walks.

Are there any good parks or hiking trails near campus?

Also, any interest in taking walks with classmates?

18 comments:

  1. Scripps Coastal Reserve is directly across from Keeling Apartments, according to Google Maps, and further up there is a trail down to the beach as well. We should totally make it a thing! Practice some unreliable cartography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we making our unreliable anthology maps inspired by Scripps Coastal Reserve?

      (That sounds like a Project Runway or Face Off challenge. *_*)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do! However... basically me knees and calves are quite bad (because of the Camino I did 3 years ago) so I am kind of slow. Not that this stops me... I just walked 45 km last week end, and it was great... Anyway, I am all up for it! (and yep, let's practice our cartography!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^

      I'm used to matching pace with others. I used to do a group walk to the Zombies, Run! app missions. We'd all walk and listen to the radio play unfolding to our footsteps.

      Delete
  4. I love hikes and walks! Let's do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walks are the best. I'm looking forward to seeing our section of California and the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got new trekkers today, to break in for this trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get actual hiking boots. Also, replace my walking shoes. Probably both can be done with a single pair of shoes...

      Delete
  7. I love this idea. I'm totally in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plenty of great walks/hikes in the area--I'll put together a list for orientation. Torrey Pines State Park is just down the road, and it's an incredible and unique place to check out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very enthusiastic about group walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to be around so many writers who also love walking. ^_^

      Delete